Friday, July 10, 2015

About Me

Hi Everyone,

My name is James. I was born and raised in Carpinteria. Once I finished high school, I moved to San Francisco and lived in the city for a couple years. There I attended San Francisco State University and the City College of San Francisco. It was a great experience, but Santa Barbara was calling me back. Currently, I am a student at Antioch University of Santa Barbara, entering my 4th (2nd to last) quarter. My focus is in Business Management & Entrepreneurship. My goal is to one day operate my own business or company. I have a passion for many things. It goes without saying I adore my family and value my friendships. I find peace on a mountain top or in the ocean. Music is a huge part of my life.

I've learned a lot here, at Antioch. There have been many lessons that will stay with me. More than business, more than finance, more than marketing, and more than communication, I've learned more about myself. Over my time here, I've been pushing myself out of my comfort zone. I have found new confidence that I didn't have before such as speaking in front others, voicing my opinion, formulating arguments, even teaching a class. I learned to look at myself as well as look at others. I have found I value honesty, integrity, and to never judge a book by its cover. I have learned that time flies and that time is valuable. I've learned it's important to share it with people who build you up or people you can inspire. I'm grateful for the life I was given and enjoy everything it has to offer.

Today is a gift.
 Today is given to you. 
The only appropriate response is gratefulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment